So our little family took a small roadtrip to the beautiful city of Castle rock, CO, about 30 min away from Denver and about 2 hours away from the mountains (Breckenridge, Copper, Keystone, Vail). We pulled up at 8am after watching the sunrise behind those enormous mountains. The scenery had to be only one from Gods paintbrush because it could not get any more beautiful. We visited and stayed with my boyfriend's sister and husband along with their two kids (5&2years). My boyfriend and I got to spend a day on the mountain skiing and snowboarding, which we so desperately needed. It was a much needed getaway. While driving to the mtn. I realized in the 16 months of my mini's life, that day was the first day I had ever spent without her. It was a bitter/sweet moment. My daughter is anything but shy so she settled herself right in and was so interested and observant to what her older cousins were constantly getting into. It is so cute watching little ones play, especially cousins, because you know they are going to grow up with each other so watching the beginning stages is adorable. I absolutely love my boyfriend's sister, she is an amazing being, so sweet, kind, patient, an overly amazing cook, and to top that all she's a great wife to her husband, and a mother like no other. With little sleep on this weekend adventure I had such an incredible time really doing nothing but enjoying the company of family. My daughter's schedule took a hit so trying to adjust to a new atmosphere, new bed, new little ninos constantly running around, really threw her thru a loop and Id say more me than her. I haven't woken up at those hours of the morning since she was months old. But, none of that mattered because just having those hours of the day that fly by so fast, spending with kids and family, I could hardly sleep anyway. It was if I didnt want to miss out on anything, clearly our daughter didnt either. I definitely got a feel of what having 3 kids would be like, and shockingly enough, it wasnt a birth control to me. Im oddly looking forward to it. I have always, since I was a little girl, loved the concept of big family. Growing up in my immediate family, we would always get together on holidays or just random weekends with all the cousins, and to me this was Bliss. I would always tell my mother, I wanted 5 kids, a big house, and kids running around everywhere. I got a very small taste of what that would be like and Im game. My daughter took well to having her cousins around, they were teaching her the ropes. It is funny because I never imagined my life to be this way but I am so happy it has turned out the way it has, the way it was intended to. My boyfriend's family is so amazing, so full of love and I am so grateful to have them in my life. They have definitely changed my view on so many things. Family is what is most important in my life, always has been, and always will. Getting away from your norm is always a wonderful thing. Its like a reboost, or a cleansing to your soul. You learn and grow so much just from taking a little trip away from your day to day routines. Ive been seeing this statement a lot lately, "you cant appreciate what you have if you're constantly looking at what you don't" and it is so true. I am blessed to have my these people in my life, they mean the world to me. I already miss the color-ful Colorado. Cannot wait to go back. Who knows what the future has in store for us.


No comments:
Post a Comment