Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Wonder World

This is such a Wonderful world, yet it always leaves me in such a ponder, wondering. We are all destined to achieve great things, yet we all wonder when? After the birth of my daughter I stood there in a wonder, asking now what world? My little blessing was a bit of a surprise, so I picked up my skirt off the ground and put on my boots and went straight on to my new tasks. You can never plan on life panning out perfectly how you or anyone else had expected it to be. There is a higher power who does our scheduling for us, which leaves us in the state of wonder. I used to ask why me, this, or that, but found it led me only to an empty dark room. Learning to work with what is given, thrown, tossed, or forced your way is what makes us the little unique individual spirits that higher power intended us to be. I have always been a believer, I was raised in a Catholic church, but it was not until high school that I realized I most definitely was not a Catholic abiding citizen. That did not deter my belief but it did put me at a cross road of where now, what now? I have always known, that trying to accomplish anything without Him, is merely just a joke in heaven. But finding your way to him without guidance or support, now that is a task in itself. I am just now realizing how important He is and will always be. For years, I attempted tackling this so called life on my own and have found myself in more misery than I can bare. I do not look back on my past with negative thoughts, because I remind myself that my higher power scheduled it to be so. With that, I work with what he has paved my way, and each persons path is never the same. I wrote a paper in my highschool AP English class junior year, and I titled it The Road Less Traveled, funny after thinking about that paper, that is exactly what my life has turned to be. I remember the last line of that paper went something like, "I have taken the road less traveled, and that has made all the difference." Call me Chleo but my goodness that sentence defines me. We all have bumps in our roads, it is how we choose to go over them or around them, and I think how we all come out after getting over that hump and approach a new one, is what makes us who we are. Perfection should not even be a word in the English language, or any language, because there is no such thing. The only thing that may come close is how we take a look at ourselves, our actions, our character and use it to better ourselves and others. Perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment