Monday, January 13, 2014

"invertyoself"

and two years later....I now have a toddler; a walking, running, jumping, talking, whining, laughing, crying little person. Everyday I learn how to be a better parent, a more patient mother, and loving model. Children are the real test to ones character. My daughter is three, and I'd like to think three's are harder than the "terrible two's". She has decided to make her bowels her nemesis, where she is the one who ultimately suffers...well I take that back, we all do. Fun times we are experiencing at this moment. Who knew a poop could be so horrid?? The miles we go for our children is incredible. The one thing I have to remind myself even still however, is not to let her manipulate my relationship with her father. The little temper tantrums and attitudes our children throw can amazingly cause a division between the two players of the same team. It is not only a constant test with our children but our partners and even ourselves. We must love ourselves first so that we can then share that love with those we do love. The "bd" and I (I jokingly call him that, he is the love of my life), have our tit and tats as well but we are in a constant reminder of why we battle this life together. Our daughter watches us very closely. I saw a picture recently on the web, of the total of years we have with our children from when they are born until they turn 18; it was broken down into years of ages. It really hit me then, to cherish these moments, all of them. They really are not that long. We get caught up in the hustle and bustle this society throws at us and forget the true meaning why we are here. I know we all want to live a comfortable life and more importantly provide our cubs with even more than what we could have ever imagined having, but sometimes I have learned that just being with your loved ones is what matters most. I have certainly caught myself saying "I need a break", and yes as parents, we all do need one from time to time, it also is important for our sanity. But think about the big break we will get when all the kids leave the home and we then get empty nest syndrome. Time truly is a precious thing. I have in the past year, moved back in with my daughter's father, also known as my baby daddy :), attained my real estate license, and have completed reading just two books; which is a shame that number is so low. I vow to increase the novels I consume this year. I have also gained a great amount of appreciation for Yoga. I dabbled in it some in the fall but began seriously practicing in December 2013, just in this month I truly have gained respect for it. It has challenged my core in every sense of the word. It focuses my breathing, and balance like no other. It centers me, taking some time to myself to clear my mind of everything, has become an addiction. It is difficult to sit there and not stress over the bill you have to pay, the check you are waiting to receive, the shoes you want to buy, the soccer team you want to register your kid in, the grocery list still waiting to be checked off, the list goes on and on...have you ever taken a moment to let it all go? My daughter now catches me on my head and in funky positions and will join me, she laughs and thinks its fun. I frequent the gym quite often as well, but my kick ass workouts at the gym are minute to the at home self teaching Yoga stretches and positions I get myself into. I have to admit, as a mommy, Yoga has done wonders for me. I recommend it to all mommy's out there. Just for those moments when you need a breather and are about to jump out of any window, "invertyoself", get upside down. Not kidding. People will think you are nuts, but don't they anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment